|Our menorahs for Hanukkah.|
The first night was a combined Hanukkah and birthday celebration. Three kids were with us along with my parents. We celebrated the birthdays of our oldest daughter and my mother. We all had a fun time sharing stories and laughter. Eddie’s Hanukkah menu:
• Garlic & rosemary potato latkes,
• Cheese rice latkes
• Cinnamon apple latkes.
Second night of Hanukkah was with two gay couples. Eddie’s menu:
• Potato Latke Crusted Sole with Cucumber Dill Sauce,
• Lentil Latkes with Golden Onion & Yogurt Cheese Topping,
• Mixed Vegetable & Wild Rice Latkes,
• Roasted Ginger Carrot Latkes.
• Smoked Salmon Latkes with Dill Sauce,
• Mushroom & Pecan Latkes,
• Southwestern Sweet Potato Latkes with Sour Cream Lime Sauce.
Fourth night we went to the theatre.
Fifth night our guests could not make it so it was just my hubby and I. We lit candles and ate only 2 kinds of latkes:
• Tuna latkes
• Apple/potato latkes with cinnamon maple cream.
Sixth night was with long time friends from synagogue.
• Potato-Crusted Hake Cakes with Garlic Mayonnaise,
• Curried Sweet Potato Latkes,
• Giant Herbed Mixed Veggie Latke Topped with Sauteed Mushrooms,
• Spinach Silver-Dollar Latkes with Feta Cheese Sauce
Seventh and eights nights we packed and traveled to Florida to spend the rest of the year in Key West and Fort Lauderdale. Happy New Year!
Don’t forget to check out my hubby’s “Eight tips for healthy, low-fat and low-calorie latkes”.
For your musical enjoyment, here are two new Hanukkah videos: