Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Prop 8 news and song

Twenty-four youtubers and one mother collaborated and appeared in this sweet music video of a Lily Allen song. The creative force behind the project said he wanted to “make something light hearted and funny for the victims of gay hate, to teach them to brush off the hate and stand strong and confident as who they are.”

I agree with my friend Mike who linked to this video saying he "has just one thing to say to the 52% of Californians that get to dictate how the other 48% should live. And it's best said through song."

Update. I love this video. Here is another collaboration from French youtubers:

This video, The Defenders (2009), first made me laugh and then cry. It is part of the “Educate against Prop 8” campaign. It takes its cue from the Martin Niemöller poem of “…When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...