Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Healthy New Year

At the beginning of last week I turned 48. Birthdays are getting old . . . they are not as fun as they use to be.
It’s been a week since I had my last two wisdom teeth pulled out. I still get little headaches and pains from it. That part isn’t too bad. A couple of Tylenols takes care of discomfort. The worst thing is how awful my breath has become. I can cause dried paint to peel. I can melt lead. People avoid walking into my office. Even E will only throw me kisses from afar. I am gargling and brushing and rinsing but nothing is working. The dental office says my mouth is healing nicely.
The bad odor is just part of the healing process and will eventually clear up. When I went back for a checkup on Friday, I saw the nurse and not the cute oral surgeon. The nurse teased me about the comments I made in recovery last week about how handsome the surgeon was. Apparently I was going on and on about how cute he was.
The best health news is that I’ve been able to lose just over 20 pounds over the last four months. And I have been able to keep it off through the holidays. My plan for losing weight was quite simple…just eat less. Thankfully E was very supportive and helpful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome about the weight. And happy belated birthday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...