Thursday, July 28, 2005

Summer Holiday


We (E and I) are off on vacation for the next three weeks. The first two weeks is an adventure hike across northern England. It is described as: “England's classic "Coast-to-Coast" walk is one of the top ten walks in the world. It's 190 miles of sheer hiking pleasure, from the Irish Sea to the North Sea, and takes in three national parks: the Lake District, where England's highest mountains are found; the long green valleys of the Yorkshire Dales (of James Herriot fame), and the sometimes bleak but often dramatic landscapes of the North Yorkshire Moors.”

The third week is spent in Edinburgh where we will take in as much of the Fringe Festival as we can. Interesting fact: Last year’s Fringe 2004 was the biggest ever festival to date presenting 25,326 performances of 1695 shows by 735 companies in 236 venues!
Back at the end of August…

2 comments:

Will said...

Hope I'm not to late to wish you guys a great vacation. Fritz and I just got back from a boat trip up the Danube, and down the Main and Rhine Rivers from Budapest to Amsterdam.

Lovely picture of you two at the wedding. All my best and bon voyage!

Anonymous said...

hello, i too want to wish you the best and hope you have a great time, I'm rather envious, my family hails from Edinburg hope to visit someday. as a fellow gay-lesbian couple my partner and I are raising my two girls from a previous marriage, but mine are young, 10&11.Puberty is setting in for my 11 yr old, things are getting tricky! You both are very brave and sound like great dads!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...