Friday, May 09, 2008

Mother's Day poem

Earlier this year my mother found a box of poems I had written to her as a child. Here is one I wrote to her for Mother’s Day. I must have been 7 or 8 years old at the time. In the poem there are references to the tropical fish tank we had, my fights with my brother and my mother's love of Pepsi.

To Mom
To a nice Mother on a nice day
Who likes to have her own way.
She bakes a lot of cake
And she is the last one awake.
She likes to buy fishes
And does not like to wash dishes.
She knows how to spell
And helps me real well.
She likes to drink pop
And slows down when she sees a cop.
She knows what is right
And she stops our fights.
She likes to go places,
But she can’t remember faces.
This is by your son,
Just having some fun.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Do you drink Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
ANSWER THE POLL and you could receive a prepaid VISA gift card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...